Friday, September 7, 2007

Pattern



Pattern is such a strong element in design but I have not used it successfully in any of my designs yet:(. I like the flowing and the arrangement that some kinds of patterns brings about. Since I was at 8th class, I was so impressed about the details in Indian carpet, but not until design program, had I known that such kind of details is called pattern. The technique of making carpet in India is so skillful. Diversifying shapes with hot strong colors creates the leisure freedom for the design.

If I didn't remember wrongly, sometimes the red color of them is dyed with the gum from one kind of fruit. This kind of pattern, I presonally think, can provide strong emtions in design works. Hope that someday I can succeed in applying this kind of pattern in my design:X
art.com, home- subject- fantasy- cool design- patternhttp://imagesource.art.com/images/-/Juliet-Coombe/Detail-of-Indian-Carpet-for-Sale-at-Portobello-Market-in-Notting-Hill-London-United-Kingdom-Photographic-Print-C10256626.jpeg
Indain Carpet EXPO 2006, http://www.jozan.net/2006/Images/India_Carpet_Expo/MUGHAL_JAIL_COLLECTION_10x6.5-1.jpg

No comments: