Friday, June 29, 2007

Ecard for leaving close friend:)

This is my ecard for my close friend, Zana. She's going to stay in America for about ten years. Yesterday, after finishing design process lecture, I myself wondered which ecard she will love looking at. I thought about her present emotion, life in our home town, time we together, the colour she likes, the free shape, the cute font( she likes either cute things or scary things:))). I also care about how this ecard's atmosphere appears. I want it gentle and romantic, funny and natural as the time we play around together in HCM. I want to give her a message " Saying goodbye, to us, is nothing".


I totally used Photoshop to make this ecard. With the help from paint bucket, lasso tool( discovering the adding selection part in this step). When creating something similar to snow or clouds above each character( can you see?),it's not from the brush stroke. I use channel pattern instead of layer so that its color can be in control. filter-->blur--> Gaussian blur or Layer--> Layer style--> Bevel and emboss. Brush stroke with huge size and opacity about 60%, and small size with opacity 85% is applied to make the rest huge white part. It's simple and it just took me about 10 minutes. You can try on it to make some cards for people whom you love and peole who love you:D:X.

No comments: