Friday, June 29, 2007

Dance club flyer:D



Next week, our school will organize Club Day. As a member of committee in DanceClub, I tried to contribute something to my beloved club by designing the tableflyer for that day.

I totally used Illustrator for this flyer. In fact, I had had some idea similar to this one from Visual Diary in sem1, however, making that old idea can waste much time and it seemed not fresh to me at that moment. The whole morning is spent without decision, which made me a little bit disappointed and tired coz I just had one more day.As usual, I still came to my dance team even though I hadn't found way for my task:(.I have danced for 1 year, but suddenly, it's the time me dancing that evening that woke me up after 3 weeks off. I was awaken by the smooth motion to music in each step and started to think about how to express it in my design.I thought about round curves( body curves and motion curves), the flow of music, the brightness in dancing, and especially how to combine all these issues. I firstly thought of images, icon( you can find it signifiers if you had passed Dim1:D) Naturally and clearly it was drawn in my mind.

After that I checked all the requested information that my leader gave me, 3 main colors- orange, black and white, slogan, the font( unity with the existing poster), the logo of my club, the info 'bout dancing classes this semester.

Using pentool, lines, elipse tool, rotate tool, transform, I drew in passion. I spent rather much time on arranging places of information. The size of a flyer is too small while the large amount of compulsory essential information must be clearly seen by viewers. I had to change the font size so many times.I used Effect->Stylize-> outer glow for each cute foot steps on purpose to give a message " lighten your ordinary foot steps with dancing":p.



The black one is my favourite original version, however, I made one more to make it easier for photocopy flyers. After all, I had to carefully checked bleed, crop marks, registration marks, the CMYK and grayscale bar, converting to outline, blablabla( thanks Justin and Dim2 hehe:D). Finish in the feeling of happiness:X. I love dancing and my club but this is nearly the first time I can really contribute something to them.

It's not perfect but this time I have learned how to work seriously with a dealine from not my teacher but my responsibility:)

No comments: