Sunday, March 25, 2007

More impressive than speed

I came across this website by chance and I fell in love with it from the first moment I saw it. Hope that your curiosity will push you to visit it.

Cars with similar decoration and colors are often seen on streets day by day.
During my high school time in Hanoi, one of my interests was look at one classic car on my way home. The car has a different style of décor in comparison with the others I have ever seen. Now I want to show you some distinctive cars with diverse patterns and colors. All of them are personal designs without any emphasis on trademark of any company and price (people usually cares about this when a car is mentioned: D).

I personally think that each car brings about a typical intertextuality and feeling for viewers. I am fond of the first, the seventh, the eighth design most. Lucky for them to be talked more about in my blog:D


I find in the first car the image of Western life. The interest lies in the position of being slightly slanted of the car in front of the background that is full of dust in dry atmosphere. The car, with its wheels sinking in the sand, is closely shot under low angle, which makes it look real. I love the crayon look in colorful flowers which expresses a liberal life and the pleasure of creativity:D.

The seventh one is my favorite among these 18 cars. It reminds me of one game whose name is Nghe O in Vietnamese countryside. Just with one leaf, you can make one buffalo which you can control its action. This car looks ads if it was made of huge leaves. I like the way the image of an aggressive insect blown to the car. Its shape, color and jewelry make it unique. I‘d love to have a chance to drive it:D.

The first time I saw the eighth car ,I thought that it was made with the help from Photoshop techniques. Surprisingly, it is a real car that looks so pretty and elegant. The car, with three small wheels, is polish red in the shape of a shoe. I love it for my liking of dancing:D.

The others are also impressive in reminding me of gayal festival in Spain, anniversaries in Greek, architecture in India, carnival in Holland, zoo, and arrangement art using rubbish, rocket, cartoon characters’ or robbers’ car and so on. They use various kinds of materials, colors and design principles, for instance, steel, rubbish, wooden color, lines, and light(the 16th), ect. They also have some design principles like balance, chaos (the 14th), complexity (the 11th). Some of them give me bad feeling like hard to breathe, tired or too confused.


No comments: