Monday, March 19, 2007

Out of the rules

As you know, I used to say that I love playing with colors; however, every game must have its own rules, without which players cannot be pleased when becoming the winners.

Each time swimming in the pool of colors, I often got so crazy that I forgot to follow many important rules. I used colors to satisfy myself more than anything else. My pictures are often full of colors. They just succeed in expressing my feeling at that moment but they lack interesting ideas or meanings or concepts within. That’s what I always torment myself to improve my observational and analytic ability and art knowledge also.
>


These are my two most favorite pictures. They express my fear at one previous moment. I realized that there is no totally 100% truth in life. Even the pure truth exists, it’s not easy to find it. It will change or even vanish right after being born mainly because of the differences in ways that each one thinks, perceives and exchanges information. I didn’t know how to believe in someone, something even though I really want to, I cannot pretend. Sometimes I recognize that I'm such a bad and ugly person. I pretended to be someone who isn't me>.<



The truth seems to be a colorful spherical crystal which is buried by layers of leaves. Even when it exposes to our eyes, we just see one or some parts of it and then send it through word of mouth. Finally the truth is distorted and goes somewhere else I don’t exactly know.

The idea of drawing lots of leaves in different levels of green came to my mind long time ago before I drew this picture. Different levels of green make me feel the thickness of those layers or a jumble of ideas in my head. The magnifier, which is made of hardback standing out on the paper, gives feeling of reality. I use a pin to make holes on the page to create piercing.

When turning this page, the next picture came up still keeping image of the crystal. A spiral full of repetitive mouths and eyes and question marks in lots of colors looks like my tiredness.

Perhaps you can hardly know what I feel and what I think. No problem. Just have a look and the rest is up to you….

No comments: