Saturday, July 14, 2007

Combination coming from monochromatic male and female:))

Once again, I have a chance to play with Illustrator. Photoshop seems to be stronger in manipulating images, however, I don’t know why I still like Illu more:D.Perhaps, in Illu, I feel as is I myself draw instead of the machine.Trying to use the color scheme and apply design principles and elements.



I use clipping mask to create a series of circle part of the picture. Then I draw black circles with the same center and set them to lie on each other one by one. Through closure process of your mind, you can see the image of a yellow flower. I drew an arrow and a crisscross to represent male and female, two main factors in SEX. The arrow points at “Sex” to bring continuation and can you feel the strength inside that arrow and sex also?

At the right bottom are three images of the flower with different sizes from big to small to bring the proximity. I want to make viewers feel the blossom in plants.
The head title use orange hue with different saturation to focus on what is expected to attract viewers, and for sure it’s the letter SEX. The first letter A in the text is the same color as the title so that the viewer can know where to begin.

There is also alignment in between the text and the title, the text and the image, the title and the image, you can see. There’s not much whitespace ‘coz as I said, I want the viewers feel the blossom in plants, which can fill up the space:D

Black background and white text and monochromatic orange use aims to bring the strength and depth for the layout.

No comments: